- You will receive a fan nearly identical to the one pictured above.
- Please note that if a color looks black on your screen, it is actually dark blue.
- Although we attempt to ship all fans fully shaped, some fans may need a bit of shaping when they arrive to you.
- Easily reshape your fan by quickly submerging it in water (keep the leather dry), reshaping it by hand, and letting it dry.
- Each order comes with fan shaping instructions and a full page of information on Ghana baskets.
Weaving Bolga Baskets in Ghana
For many generations, weaving has been a traditional skill of the Gurune people of northern Ghana. Mostly done by women, basket weaving and other handicrafts supplement these subsistence farmers’ incomes.