- You will receive a basket nearly identical to the one pictured above.
- This basket has two walls. The inside is a woven bamboo grass frame. Outside very fine dyed reeds and natural grasses are woven over the form to create a geometric pattern.
- The bold zig-zag design is very traditional and distinct to Rwanda.
- In Rwanda baskets are a symbol of reconciliation, peace, and hope for the future.
- Dimensions are approximate, but we do strive to get the measurements accurate within 1/2 inch. Please review the size of this item carefully using a ruler or tape measure before your purchase. See our Shopping FAQs for more information.
In Rwanda, “the land of a thousand hills”, weavers from many tribes, including the recently warring Hutus and Tutsis, create sisal bowl baskets as symbols of peace, reconciliation, self- reliance and hope.