- You will receive the exact basket and stand pictured above.
- This basket has been double-woven, with a bamboo frame inside, fine reeds creating a pattern on the outside, and tiny plant fibers used for thread.
- The bold zig-zag design is very traditional and distinct to Rwanda.
- Rural Tutsi weavers in Rwanda produce these uniquely woven baskets.
- The baskets are a message of reconciliation, peace, and hope for the future.
- In Rwanda, basket weaving is passed down from generation to generation, from grandmother to mother to daughter.
- Dimensions are approximate, but we do strive to get the measurements accurate within 1/2 inch. Please review the size of this item carefully using a ruler or tape measure before your purchase. See our Shopping FAQs for more information.
In Rwanda, “the land of a thousand hills”, weavers from many tribes, including the recently warring Hutus and Tutsis, create sisal bowl baskets as symbols of peace, reconciliation, self- reliance and hope.