- You will receive a basket nearly identical to the one pictured above.
- Rural weavers in Rwanda of all tribes, including Hutus and Tutsis, work side by side to produce these uniquely woven baskets.
- The baskets are a message of reconciliation, peace, and hope for the future.
- Baskets are such a powerful symbol of Rwanda’s fresh start that an Agaseke Peace Basket is included at the center of the country’s coat of arms, and is also featured on Rwanda’s 5,000 Franc banknote.
- Each basket has a loop on the back, making it easy to hang on a wall.
- Dimensions are approximate, but we do strive to get the measurements accurate within 1/2 inch. Please review the size of this item carefully using a ruler or tape measure before your purchase. See our Shopping FAQs for more information.
In Rwanda, “the land of a thousand hills”, weavers from many tribes, including the recently warring Hutus and Tutsis, create sisal bowl baskets as symbols of peace, reconciliation, self- reliance and hope.