- You will receive a basket nearly identical to the one pictured above.
- This beautiful basket comes from a very remote portion of the Nkuringo Gorilla Camp, on the border of the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest in the Ugandan portion of the Virunga mountain region.
- Natural dyes are used to color the local raffia palm and grasses used by the weavers.
- This basket is finely woven using a coil stitch and wrap technique.
- Dimensions are approximate, but we do strive to get the measurements accurate within 1/2 inch. Please review the size of this item carefully using a ruler or tape measure before your purchase. See our Shopping FAQs for more information.
The Batwa people are known as “The Keepers of the Forest” because they have inhabited the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest for over 60,000 years. The women who weave these baskets support themselves entirely by their craft.