- You will receive the exact basket pictured above.
- Gokwe is located in the northwestern area of Zimbabwe, where Tonga people weave these baskets from palm leaves.
- The dyes used are all natural, and sometimes it can take many days of boiling in water to get the dye to stay in the fibers.
- These baskets remarkably smooth and lightweight, and feature beautiful patterns in warm, neutral colors.
- Dimensions are approximate, but we do strive to get the measurements accurate within 1/2 inch. Please review the size of this item carefully using a ruler or tape measure before your purchase. See our Shopping FAQs for more information.
The weavers depend on basket income to sustain themselves beyond what food they grow as subsistence farmers. They often use the money earned to pay school fees for their children.