Detail of intricate wire weaving.
- You will receive the exact basket pictured above.
- This basket is woven by Masterweaver Ben Makhanya. He has a very artistic eye and approach to the way he combines colors and invents patterns. We are proud to support him by buying all of his baskets.
- This shape is quite shallow; some people refer to it as a plate or platter. This is the largest size of this shape currently woven in Zululand. It is very versatile and can be mounted to a wall, framed and hung, displayed on a table or counter, or stood on a shelf.
- These are incredible, intricately designed African baskets, some using accents of bare copper wire.
- The past and the future are fused together in the creation of this beautiful basket. Zulu weavers have taken the intricate designs and incredible craftsmanship of their natural fiber baskets and turned them into brightly-colored art using plastic-coated wire.
- Mesmerizing designs and vibrant colors are a hallmark of this functional art.
- Wash gently with warm soapy water.