- You will receive the exact basket pictured above.
- These are incredible, intricately designed African baskets, some using accents of bare copper wire.
- The past and the future are fused together in the creation of this beautiful basket. Zulu weavers have taken the intricate designs and incredible craftsmanship of their natural fiber baskets and turned them into brightly-colored art using plastic-coated wire.
- Mesmerizing designs and vibrant colors are a hallmark of this functional art.
- In order to maintain the integrity of the weave, the corners of this basket are rounded, and the edges are slightly curved.
- Wash gently with warm soapy water.
Since wire baskets are woven by many men due to the difficult nature of weaving wire, they are able to stay home on their tribal lands instead of moving to cities to look for work. In the rural groups we work with, the family units are preserved so that the weavers and their families can live more traditional lifestyles.