- You will receive the exact bowl pictured above.
- The weaving group that produces these glass beads on wire ‘gems’ is located in central Kenya. They are members of the Maasai and Kikuyu ethnic communities.
- These baskets are traditionally given at weddings. The bowls are given as presents from mother to daughter during the wedding ceremony to symbolize the wife feeding the family.
- Patterns are laid out on paper and then painstakingly translated to the woven object. Wire is manipulated with small pliers as the baskets are woven.
- Dimensions are approximate, but we do strive to get the measurements accurate within 1/2 inch. Please review the size of this item carefully using a ruler or tape measure before your purchase. See our Shopping FAQs for more information.
As seen in…
Baskets of Africa continues to be featured in national magazines, highlighting our amazing baskets and our commitment to Fair Trade. Read the articles and features here.