- You will receive the exact basket pictured above.
- The Kavango and Ovambo people in Northeast of Namibia create these beautiful baskets from local Makalani palm leaves.
- Plant materials are plentiful in this area of the Okavango Delta, which is the largest inland delta on earth and a true oasis in the Kalihari Desert.
- Getting the natural dye to soak into the waxy palm leaves is very tricky and some weaving material may be left soaking in a dye bath for more than a week at a time.
- A portion of the proceeds from each basket sold goes to a fund which provides educational opportunities for the girls of Namibia.
- Weave quality, basket size, difficulty of producing dye colors, and complexity of pattern all combine to determine the prices on these one-of-a-kind creations.
- These deep baskets make lovely centerpieces on tables or shelves.
- Dimensions are approximate, but we do strive to get the measurements accurate within 1/2 inch. Please review the size of this item carefully using a ruler or tape measure before your purchase. See our Shopping FAQs for more information.
A portion of the proceeds from each basket sold goes to a fund which provides educational opportunities for the girls of Namibia.