- You will receive the exact basket pictured above.
- Traditionally used for gathering fruits, vegetables, and nuts, these gathering baskets make for intriguing conversation pieces.
- These baskets are made from seasonally harvested palm leaves dyed with colors extracted from local plants.
- As the weavers live near the Namib desert, these baskets are woven with curved bases that allow them to rest securely in loose sand.
- These baskets are woven by the Khwe people, who subsist as hunter-gatherers due to the lack of arable land where they live.
- Dimensions are approximate, but we do strive to get the measurements accurate within 1/2 inch. Please review the size of this item carefully using a ruler or tape measure before your purchase. See our Shopping FAQs for more information.
Khwe Collecting Basket
These eclectic baskets are rarely made for sale, being woven by only a handful of artisans.
Approximately 6.5 Inches Wide x 9.75 Inches Tall (plus handle)
Out of stock
SKU: 101554 Category: Namibia Khwe Baskets
FREE SHIPPING to addresses in the contiguous 48 United States! See our Shopping FAQs for more information.
Approximately 9.75 Inches Wide x 11 Inches Tall (plus handle) $105.00
Approximately 5 Inches Wide x 7 Inches Tall $57.00
Approximately 7.75 Inches Wide x 8.75 Inches Tall $81.00