- You will receive the exact basket pictured above.
- Traditionally used for gathering fruits, vegetables, and nuts, these gathering baskets make for intriguing conversation pieces.
- These baskets are made from seasonally harvested palm leaves dyed with colors extracted from local plants.
- As the weavers live near the Namib desert, these baskets are woven with curved bases that allow them to rest securely in loose sand.
- These baskets are woven by the Khwe people, who subsist as hunter-gatherers due to the lack of arable land where they live.
- Dimensions are approximate, but we do strive to get the measurements accurate within 1/2 inch. Please review the size of this item carefully using a ruler or tape measure before your purchase. See our Shopping FAQs for more information.
Khwe Collecting Basket
These eclectic baskets are rarely made for sale, being woven by only a handful of artisans.
Approximately 8 Inches Wide x 8.5 Inches Tall (plus handle)
FREE SHIPPING to addresses in the contiguous 48 United States! See our Shopping FAQs for more information.