- You will receive the exact set of miniature baskets pictured above.
- How will you display your mini peace baskets? As ornaments on a houseplant? On a shelf? In a display case?
- The shape of the basket and the bold zig-zag design are very traditional and distinct to Rwanda.
- Rural weavers in Rwanda of all tribes, including Hutus and Tutsis, work side by side to produce these uniquely woven baskets.
- The baskets are a message of reconciliation, peace, and hope for the future.
- In Rwanda, basket weaving is passed down from generation to generation, from grandmother to mother to daughter.
- Dimensions are approximate, but we do strive to get the measurements accurate within 1/2 inch. Please review the size of this item carefully using a ruler or tape measure before your purchase. See our Shopping FAQs for more information.
In Rwanda, “the land of a thousand hills”, weavers from many tribes, including the recently warring Hutus and Tutsis, create sisal bowl baskets as symbols of peace, reconciliation, self- reliance and hope.