- You will receive the exact basket and stand pictured above.
- These baskets are woven with two walls. The inner wall is an incredibly sturdy structure of bamboo, while the outside is made of fine reeds and grasses woven in multiple layers to create striking patterns.
- The bold zig-zag design is very traditional and distinct to Rwanda.
- Rural Tutsi weavers in Rwanda produce these uniquely woven baskets.
- The baskets are a message of reconciliation, peace, and hope for the future.
- In Rwanda, basket weaving is passed down from generation to generation, from grandmother to mother to daughter.
- Dimensions are approximate, but we do strive to get the measurements accurate within 1/2 inch. Please review the size of this item carefully using a ruler or tape measure before your purchase. See our Shopping FAQs for more information.
In Rwanda, “the land of a thousand hills”, weavers from many tribes, including the recently warring Hutus and Tutsis, create sisal bowl baskets as symbols of peace, reconciliation, self- reliance and hope.