- You will receive a basket nearly identical to the one pictured above.
- The Mossi people from the Sanmatenga Province of central Burkina Faso construct these interesting baskets in black (Peneiga), natural (Peraogo), or striped designs (Pegangue-Yonke).
- These deep baskets are used in ceremonies, primarily weddings, and are also used for collecting cereals during harvest.
- Woven from very strong reeds, these baskets are lightweight but sturdy.
- Use as a rustic display basket, for storage, or even as a recycling bin.
- Dimensions are approximate, but we do strive to get the measurements accurate within 1/2 inch. Please review the size of this item carefully using a ruler or tape measure before your purchase. See our Shopping FAQs for more information.
As seen in…
Baskets of Africa continues to be featured in national magazines, highlighting our amazing baskets and our commitment to Fair Trade. Read the articles and features here.