- You will receive a basket nearly identical to the one pictured above.
- The Mossi people from the Sanmatenga Province of central Burkina Faso construct these interesting baskets in black (Peneiga), natural (Peraogo), or striped designs (Pegangue-Yonke).
- These deep baskets are used in ceremonies, primarily weddings, and are also used for collecting cereals during harvest.
- Woven from very strong reeds, these baskets are lightweight but sturdy.
- Use as a rustic display basket, for storage, or even as a recycling bin.
- Dimensions are approximate, but we do strive to get the measurements accurate within 1/2 inch. Please review the size of this item carefully using a ruler or tape measure before your purchase. See our Shopping FAQs for more information.
We feature beautiful and functional harvest and storage baskets from Mossi, Fulani and Tuareg weavers.