- You will receive the exact basket pictured above.
- These baskets can give a rustic touch to home décor, or be used for storage.
- The Mossi people from the Sanmatenga Province of central Burkina Faso construct these interesting sieve baskets from very heavy straw.
- Tamarind fruit are a staple of the region. Young green fruits are very bitter, but can be combined with poisonous yams to make them edible. The older fruits are used mostly as flavoring in other dishes.
- Dimensions are approximate, but we do strive to get the measurements accurate within 1/2 inch. Please review the size of this item carefully using a ruler or tape measure before your purchase. See our Shopping FAQs for more information.
We feature beautiful and functional harvest and storage baskets from Mossi, Fulani and Tuareg weavers.