- You will receive a basket nearly identical to the one pictured above.
- Bukedo is the local term in Uganda for banana leaf stalks. Along with raffia that comes from palm trees, these materials are renewable, plentiful resources.
- The mission of this weaving group is to support as many other women as possible through the promotion of their handcrafts.
- Traditionally used for serving food, they are created by tightly wrapping smooth raffia over coils of bukedo stalks.
- They look great mounted on a wall, propped up on a shelf, or even sitting on a table. A loop on the back of the basket helps with hanging.
- Dimensions are approximate, but we do strive to get the measurements accurate within 1/2 inch. Please review the size of this item carefully using a ruler or tape measure before your purchase. See our Shopping FAQs for more information.
As seen in…
Baskets of Africa continues to be featured in national magazines, highlighting our amazing baskets and our commitment to Fair Trade. Read the articles and features here.