- You will receive a basket nearly identical to the one pictured above.
- Bukedo is the local term in Uganda for banana leaf stalks. Along with raffia that comes from palm trees, these materials are renewable, plentiful resources.
- The mission of this weaving group is to support as many other women as possible through the promotion of their handcrafts.
- Traditionally used for serving food, they are created by tightly wrapping smooth raffia over coils of bukedo stalks.
- They look great mounted on a wall, propped up on a shelf, or even sitting on a table.
Weaving Bukedo & Raffia Baskets in Uganda
This group is based in Kampala, Uganda and supports women within the city as well as in nearby villages. Their mission is to support as many marginalized women as possible through the promotion of their handcrafts.