- You will receive the exact basket pictured above.
- These beautiful baskets come from a group of women weaving in Southern Uganda. The Rwenzori mountains in the weavers’ area seem a bit out of place in Africa with their snow and glacier covered peaks of close to 17,000 feet.
- Traditionally used for serving food, Rwenzori baskets have a smooth surface and feature bold, geometric designs.
- They are created using tightly woven millet grass stalks, naturally dyed raffia palm leaves, and sometimes local grasses.
- The vibrant colors come from natural dyes made from flowers, roots, leaves, and lichens grown by the weavers themselves.
- Dimensions are approximate, but we do strive to get the measurements accurate within 1/2 inch. Please review the size of this item carefully using a ruler or tape measure before your purchase. See our Shopping FAQs for more information.
Featuring colorful geometric designs, these African baskets are popular for decorating walls and featuring on tables and counter tops.
Material: Palm, Grass
Approximately 9 Inches Wide x 2 Inches Deep
SKU: 98984 Category: Uganda Rwenzori Baskets
FREE SHIPPING to addresses in the contiguous 48 United States! See our Shopping FAQs for more information.