- You will receive the exact basket pictured above.
- Taking a strikingly artistic shape, these Pots make for lovely accent pieces on tables or shelves.
- The vibrant colors come from natural dyes made from flowers, roots, leaves, and lichens grown by the weavers themselves.
- These baskets are created using tightly woven millet grass stalks and naturally dyed raffia palm leaves.
- Rwenzori baskets have a smooth surface and feature bold geometric designs.
- Dimensions are approximate, but we do strive to get the measurements accurate within 1/2 inch. Please review the size of this item carefully using a ruler or tape measure before your purchase. See our Shopping FAQs for more information.
The Batwa people are known as “The Keepers of the Forest” because they have inhabited the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest for over 60,000 years. The women who weave these baskets support themselves entirely by their craft.