- You will receive the exact basket pictured above.
- Rectangular pieces are hand-woven and then stitched together with leather.
- Please note that if a color looks black on your screen, it is actually dark blue.
- Although we attempt to ship all baskets fully shaped, some baskets may need a bit of shaping when they arrive to you.
- Easily reshape your basket by quickly submerging it in water (keep the leather dry), reshaping it by hand, and letting it dry.
- Each order comes with basket shaping instructions and a full page of information on Ghana baskets.
- Dimensions are approximate, but we do strive to get the measurements accurate within 1/2 inch. Please review the size of this item carefully using a ruler or tape measure before your purchase. See our Shopping FAQs for more information.
Weaving Bolga Baskets in Ghana
For many generations, weaving has been a traditional skill of the Gurune people of northern Ghana. Mostly done by women, basket weaving and other handicrafts supplement these subsistence farmers’ incomes.