- You will receive the exact basket pictured above.
- The baTonga people in Zambia are closely related to those in Zimbabwe.
- Tonga baskets are woven on radials of creeping vines, and palm leaves are sometimes dyed with bark and roots to create designs.
- The heavy rim of this Plateau basket reinforces the basket and makes it strong enough for its traditional use of winnowing large amounts of grain.
- Dimensions are approximate, but we do strive to get the measurements accurate within 1/2 inch. Please review the size of this item carefully using a ruler or tape measure before your purchase. See our Shopping FAQs for more information.
As seen in…
Baskets of Africa continues to be featured in national magazines, highlighting our amazing baskets and our commitment to Fair Trade. Read the articles and features here.