- You will receive a basket nearly identical to the one pictured above.
- Traditionally used for winnowing grain, these bowls make for amazing wall décor, especially in collections featuring various sizes and patterns.
- Through use of a combination of both vegetable and soil-based dyes, many of these baskets feature mid-tones not often found in other Tonga baskets.
- Each of these baskets is made by weaving strips of palm leaves into a flat mat, then cutting a circle out of the mat and attaching a rim.
- Dimensions are approximate, but we do strive to get the measurements accurate within 1/2 inch. Please review the size of this item carefully using a ruler or tape measure before your purchase. See our Shopping FAQs for more information.
The weavers depend on basket income to sustain themselves beyond what food they grow as subsistence farmers. They often use the money earned to pay school fees for their children.