- You will receive the exact basket pictured above.
- The thin wire weaving makes the baskets very time consuming to produce. The high-quality solid copper and glass beads combine to make a relatively high materials cost.
- Because the baskets are woven over forms – in some cases traditional Zulu pottery – there are unique variations in each basket.
- The pure copper is quite soft, so treat your basket with care. If a basket is dropped or bent, form back to shape with your hands.
- Wash gently with warm soapy water.
- Dimensions are approximate, but we do strive to get the measurements accurate within 1/2 inch. Please review the size of this item carefully using a ruler or tape measure before your purchase. See our Shopping FAQs for more information.
Due to the remoteness, scarce population, and challenging rocky terrain in this area, fully one-third of the economy of the Msinga district comes from grassroots home based businesses such as farming and basket weaving.