- You will receive the exact basket pictured above.
- Taking a strikingly artistic shape, these pots make for lovely centerpieces on tables or shelves.
- These baskets are woven with two walls. The inner wall is an incredibly sturdy structure of bamboo, while the outside is made of fine reeds and grasses meticulously woven into intricate patterns.
- The bold zig-zag design is very traditional and distinct to Rwanda.
- Dimensions are approximate, but we do strive to get the measurements accurate within 1/2 inch. Please review the size of this item carefully using a ruler or tape measure before your purchase. See our Shopping FAQs for more information.
Weaving Baskets in Rwanda
In Rwanda, “the land of a thousand hills”, weavers from many tribes, including the recently warring Hutus and Tutsis, create sisal bowl baskets as symbols of peace, reconciliation, self- reliance and hope.