- You will receive the exact basket pictured above.
- This is an unusual wide-mouthed, straight sided shape that works great for storing things in your home or office. These canisters also look wonderful in a collection of other shapes of Ukhambas.
- After each day’s work in the fields, families gather together to share the art of weaving, passing traditional techniques from grandmother to mother to daughter.
- These baskets are all-natural; dyes are made from materials as diverse as flower petals and mud. Some colors are very rare due to the scarcity of certain minerals. Other colors are only available seasonally, when specific flowers bloom.
- Collecting these baskets in Zululand, South Africa is challenging, requiring the traversal of hundreds of miles of dirt roads between remote villages, collecting baskets hut to hut from dozens of individual weavers.
- Dimensions are approximate, but we do strive to get the measurements accurate within 1/2 inch. Please review the size of this item carefully using a ruler or tape measure before your purchase. See our Shopping FAQs for more information.
As seen in…
Baskets of Africa continues to be featured in national magazines, highlighting our amazing baskets and our commitment to Fair Trade. Read the articles and features here.